Drain closure systems provide instant security against the polluting of controlled waters.
The Draintector™ is a multi inflationary bladder unit which is activated by an airline. It is designed to contain pollutants, oil spills and firewater run off challenges on site in the event of an incident. It provides a cost effective solution when compared against other market items such as penstocks and mechanical gates with significantly less maintenance required. It is ideal for sites of potential low usage that have drains up to 18” (450mm) with low heads of water. It seals with the flow as opposed to against and its bladder valve is flexible for awkward shaped discharge points or where access to the drain for a conventional valve system would require significant civil works.
The Draintector™ is suitable for use in an emergency situation and can be activated manually via push button, remote by text message, automated through the fitting one or all of pH, turbidity, odour sensors or linked to your fire alarm for immediate remote closure and can be retrospectively fitted to drainage system where required.
With simple, low-cost installation requiring no major civil works, Draintector™ is far more cost effective than mechanical gate and penstock valves and is installed in a fraction of the time with minimal disruption to business operation and can be used as a preventative measure to seal drains at time of high risk including deliveries and during site maintenance. It can also be used in an emergency situation, in the event of a spill or fire, to rapidly block the drain preventing hazardous liquids and firewater runoff entering controlled waters.
The system comprises a control panel located above ground that operates a closure system installed within the site drain system without affecting the flow in normal conditions. When activated, the closure system seals the drain ensuring no pollutants or firewater runoff pass through.
Use: As a preventive measure
- To seal drains at times of high risk including deliveries and during site maintenance
Use: In an emergency
- In the event of a spill or fire rapidly blocks the drain preventing hazardous liquids and firewater run off entering controlled waters
- Manual - Enables activation locally at the control panel via push button. Ideal for preventative measures preventing pollution
- GSM - Enables activation remotely via text message. Ideal where acces to control panel is not possible due to fire or hazardous spill
- Automated - Enables activation automatically via business management systems and other pollution monitoring systems
- IP45 rated GRP lockable cabinet
- Manual or automated operation
- Programmable logic module
- Automated test procedure
- HMI testing screen
- Compressor and valve arrangement
- Pressure monitor
- Main power with battery backup
- Simple operation
- Contain spillages or firewater on site
- No civil works required
- Self-diagnostic checks
- Isolate part of or the whole site
- Single day installation
- Minimal disruption to site activity
- Full reporting system